YouTube has been named as the third most valuable social media channel for businesses, whilst LinkedIn came in fourth according to a new study by B2B researchers Clutch. Unsurprisingly, Facebook and Twitter were rated as the two top most important channels.These results tie in with a rise in the importance of video marketing. YouTube is an excellent way for organisations to boost their search engine rankings and enhance their content strategy.
Let’s take a look at the stats…
YouTube vs. LinkedIn
LinkedIn has 450 million users.
YouTube is currently the third most popular website in the world with over a billion users — almost one-third of all people on the Internet.
37% of professionals regularly log into LinkedIn.
85% of adults consider themselves regular YouTube users.
The average LinkedIn user spends 17 mins on the site per month.
On mobile, the average viewing session is now more than 40 minutes.
50% of all LinkedIn users access the site via a mobile device.
More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
Why is YouTube experiencing such a rise in popularity amongst businesses?
1. Using YouTube Will Help You Get Found On Google
You might have noticed that videos are appearing more often in Google’s search results. This shows that Google is starting to consider video as important as text-only pages.Incorporating video into your recruitment marketing strategy increases the authority of your website. The more authoritative your website is in Google’s eyes, the higher all your pages will rank in the search results.
2. YouTube is the second largest search engine and is owned by Google, so it influences the SEO ranking of your site
YouTube processes more than 3 billion searches a month and is bigger than Bing, Yahoo!, Ask and AOL combined!
3. Build Your Email List in YouTube
YouTube allows you to use software that installs a sign-up form directly into YouTube videos and they can be stopped temporarily for a viewer to enter their email address and subscribe to your list.
4. Target Your Audience with AdWords for Video
By using Google AdWords for Video, you can achieve laser-focused access to your target candidates by advertising on videos your audience are more likely to watch and search for.The one key advantage of Video Ads is that you’ll only ever pay for engaged views.
An engaged view occurs when a viewer watches your ad for at least 30 seconds. In other words, if your video ad is skipped, you don’t pay anything.
Video is quickly becoming a core aspect of recruiting. Each year, more and more companies are choosing to adapt their recruitment marketing strategies by incorporating video.
The top 10 ways you can use video for recruiting:
- Include employee testimonials about why they chose to work for your company and how they enjoy it.
- Add glimpses into the unique benefits your company has to offer.
- Talk about exciting projects employees get to work on, especially if they are well known to the public.
- Talk about how employees at your company can make a difference in the world.
- Show the diversity of the people who are employed at your company.
- Define the qualities you want in people interested in joining your company.
- Show people actually at work on well-known products.
- Have employees talk about specific things they have worked on and how those projects have made a difference.
- Talk specifically about the work potential employees would be doing.
- Share some benefits for employees applying for the specific positions in the video.